Sunday, July 22, 2007

(b)RAIN WAVE

A couple of days back, it rained heavily and the 2nd century drainage system in Bangalore just gave up and timed out. We were driving back late at night after watching Harry Potter – Order of the Phoenix and everything around us was in disorder! Before I realize and prepare myself I find water all the way up to the bonnet of the car and then lo and behold the water seeped in through the base of the car and I could feel it at my feet! After that there was no stopping my over imaginative mind! Though I hate to admit this about my car, the zen sometimes gives away in the ½ tarred roads in Bangalore. So by no stretch of imagination can it pull through from deep waters. Now there’s water at my feet…how long will it take to cover us up..and drown us? The thought itself made me breathless as if I was literally in water and drowning. How much time did we have? We din’t have oars…else we could have rowed back to land. Rex hadn’t given us any of the harry potter magic wands as souvenirs for watching the movie on a rainy night! I started picturing ‘Day after tomorrow’ and looked around melodramatically and asked Dippie ‘what should I do? What will happen now?’ expecting him to say something really cool or bizarre….maybe the next step was lowering the windows, leaping out and start swimming to safety…In anticipation I had started taking deep breaths before plunging into water.

He looked at me quizzically and said ‘swerve a little to the right and then make a left’. How boring! While I had made a trip to heaven/hell and back, all he did was look out carefully at the road for relatively steeper portions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)

- i