Thursday, July 19, 2007

Slipping away...

It is fast slipping away
Even as I do all I can…
Even as I put all my will and might
Unperturbed, the grains just slip away…
As if to mock the sweat I put

When I naively picked up a fistful
It bore a promise of fun times…
Now, painfully, I am aware of every grain…
Callously slipping away and causing scars as they leave
Not even turning back to savor victory

It must be the undying hope of triumph
That makes me foolishly just hold on tighter
Abetting even the smallest grain
To do more while it is happily slipping away
And forever be lost amidst the countless grains

Scorched, defeated and scarred
I brush my hands in despair
I look around unwavering…for something less transient
With outstretched palms make a dash towards the ocean
Believing that water from my palms will never slip away!

1 comment:

Siddharth Swaroop said...

this is a good poem.